Ole Phil saw his shadow giving us 6 more weeks of winter. However, if you live in the South, that winter weather is nowhere in sight for the foreseeable future! It's 35 in the morning and 70 in the afternoon so how does one dress for these serious mood swings the weather seems to be having? Transitional pieces are key. Pieces that layer well and that can be removed throughout the day as it warms up. These pieces can be worn year round so whether they are an every day steal or a splurge, you'll get your money's worth. Plus you won't end up with pneumonia if you wear a tank top in the 35 degree morning in preparation for the 70 degree afternoon! What to buy right now:
1. A neutral, lightweight cardigan that can be worn over several different tops. Our Pretty in Pink Cardigan is an every day steal at only $28 and the coloring is perfect for Spring and pairs well with most anything.
Our model has it paired with our Nomad Dreamer Tank, Articles of Society Sarah Skinnies and Head Concho booties for a drop dead casual outfit. But, this sweater is perfect for the office too. Wear it over a button down oxford with some Navy slacks and a statement necklace for a professional outfit that keeps you cool and collected all day long.
2. A duster kimono/cardigan. Seriously, these are SO hot right now and the trend isn't going anywhere. Dusters add dimension and style to even the most basic outfit. We have several dusters in stock so you can find the one that floats your boat! All of them are lightweight so layering in a cinch. Here's a few to get excited about:
From left, our Serape Duster, Stevie Cardigan and Feather Print Duster will have you jumping on the duster bandwagon. The price range is $38.95 - $42 so these are also every day buys that you'll get year round use out of.
3. A trendy piece that gives you some major style edge that will have all your friends begging to borrow! Patches, distressing and boxy fit are at the top of this season's trend watch and we are in LOVE! Show some fashion confidence and rock our Sunset Buckaroo Boxy Top.
If you have wanted to try the patch trend, this is your top. Wear this top by itself as a crop or pair it with any solid, layering tee in your closet. Gracie has it on with our Holey Yours Top and this look just about does us in! At $54, this top is more than an every day steal, but it's not really a splurge because you can get away with wearing this top most of the year. Pair it with long sleeves in the colder months.
4. Basic isn't really the right word, because we all know in today's society, it's kind of a dirty word but we all need those basic, essential layering pieces in our wardrobe. They get worn year round either under a cardigan or by themselves so style is a must. These options will go to work for you:
These tops are all perfect for layering or just wearing alone. They range in price from $24 - $42.95. Sizes S-3XL available but vary by style.
5. Shoes! Spring time is a time to breathe new life into your shoe collection. You can't go wrong with shoes because let's face it, they always fit and they always look good! Kind of like purses, but I digress. Strappy sandals, fringe and peep toes are all the rage and you're in luck, because we have a pair of each!! Our shoe collection will continue to grow but allow us to make you drool over these styles...
Regardless of what outfit you're trying to complete with a great pair of shoes, we have you covered. From top to bottom and left to right: Tracy Peep Toe Bootie - $54; Bed & Breakfast Sandal - $48 & Head Concho Bootie - $68.
We hope this blog has been helpful and given you some creative ways to spruce up your wardrobe and still survive the multiple personalities of Spring weather! Click on any photo that catches your eye to be taken to our website with full product descriptions. You can shop Kade & Cate anytime online and receive FREE shipping (lower 48 only).
Leave us a comment below and let us know which style you're digging or ask us a question! We will answer back. Promise.